From January 2020 our tree prices rose for the first time in years to 40 pence a tree. This was an increase from 33 pence. For the latest break down on how the funds are spent you can view that on our website here: https://treesisters.org/grow-forests/tree-prices
From September 22nd 2016 and the launch of the new web site and the Million Trees Campaign, all monthly membership donation funds are now being split 80/20. 80% of all funds raised through monthly donations go directly (split in equal proportion) to our four tree beneficiaries in Brazil, India, Kenya and Madagascar. The remaining 20% helps fund the unique nature based feminine leadership and empowerment programmes, courses, resources, tools and ongoing outreach, network growth and support - and contributes towards organisational costs.
Where possible - 20% of all funds raised through courses also go directly to the trees and 80% funds core costs. We aim ultimately to be able to cover all core costs through funds that we raise through the fee based educational and empowerment services (see Grow page) that we provide as part of our mission delivery and are working towards that goal. Meantime, we seek grants, sponsorship and philanthropic support to cover the bulk of our core costs.
Prior to the million tree campaign, funds generated through monthly and larger philanthropic donations have been covering organisational and network growth and development - with £1K per month funding Agro-Forestry in India (1000 trees per month) and since partnering with Eden Projects in 2015, 20% of income from TreeSisters on-line courses have been funding significant mangrove restoration in Madagascar.